Yoga Pointe 200 & 300 hour
Teacher Training Programs
Join a Vibrant Community!
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey that combines your passion for yoga
with the knowledge and skills to inspire and guide others?
At Yoga Pointe, you're not just enrolling in a program -
you are joining a community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for yoga and personal development.
Forge connections and friendships all while diving into the depths of yoga and expanding your practice.
At Yoga Pointe, our overall philosophy of teaching is integral to our yoga classes and teacher training program. We emphasize individualized learning, experiential methods, and student-centered approaches all cultivated within an atmosphere of creativity, flexibility, and compassion. Our approach is holistic diving into the world of yoga philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodologies and more, all in a supportive and nurturing environment. Our experienced instructors will guid you through every aspect of becoming an authentic and effective yoga teacher and committed yoga student.
Overall Program Descriptions
Yoga Pointe’s 200 and 300 hour programs are approved by the Yoga Alliance, meeting their rigorous standards for yoga teacher training programs. Both programs are intensive courses for those wanting to deepen their understanding of yoga tradition. They are also geared to prepare students to teach yoga and practice safely, successfully, and compassionately. The 200 hour program provides a solid foundation of the fundamentals while the 300 hour (taken after completion of a 200 hour program) advances knowledge, skills, and practice well beyond the fundamentals. Yoga Pointe offers a multi-style approach which includes, but not limited to, Integrative Yoga, Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa/Flow, Hot, Restorative, Yin, Prenatal, Senior and Children’s yoga. With this foundation, you are given a range of possibilities for the creative teaching of Yoga from which you can develop your own vision of teaching and elevate your personal practice.
Teacher Training Faculty Expertise
The Faculty for the Yoga Pointe YTT program have extensive teaching experience and expertise in foundational and advanced yogic traditions and practices. The faculty include yoga teachers with 500RYT designation, proficiency in professional areas complimentary to yoga, and expertise in yoga subjects that provide a well-rounded training experience. The main faculty include Jana Whiddon (Yoga Pointe owner) ERYT500, and IAYT1000. Jana also holds a PhD in Clinical Mantal Health Counseling and is a Faculty Lead at Yorkville University’s Master of Counseling and Psychology Program. Marni Tamayo ERYT500 and Leanne Green ERYT200 are also primary faculty and have over 20 years combined experience teaching yoga.
200 hour Curriculum, Requirements
200 hour Program Curriculum - The 200 hour teacher training provides a solid foundation from which you can expand your personal practice and develop the skills, insight, knowledge, and compassion necessary to begin teaching. The 200 hour program will build the foundation for a strong yoga student and teacher identity, a complete skill set and will expand your personal practice.
We will cover the foundations of each of the topics below:
- Anatomy & Physiology Foundations
- Asana analysis including teaching points, vocal cues, effective prop use, and modifications for all levels
- Chakra system foundations and application to students and asanas
- Mindful hands-on assists
- Home Practice & Personal Practice
- Kosha system
- Class sequencing, teacher communication, and overall class set up
- Philosophy & History of Yoga
- Pranayama practices and anatomy of breathing
- Practicum, teaching and designing elements/segments of classes and full classes.
- Sanskrit Foundations
- Sutras of Patanjali including the eight limbs
- Understand role of stress in health & illness and how yoga helps
200 hour requirements – Additional requirements of the 200 hour program are listed below.
- Completion of the full 180 contact hours and 20 non-contact hours = 200 hour requirements.
- Practice in group classes at Yoga Pointe a minimum of 1 time per week with related journaling.
- Development of a steady home practice with related journaling.
200 hour Program Cost - The total tuition for the 2024 cycle of the 200 hour program is $2750.00. A $300 deposit will hold your space in the program. The application deadline is January 26th, 2024.
Discount #1 for early payment in full:
Save $200 (making tuition $2550) with an Early Registration discount if paid in full by January 26th.
Discount #2 for CASH payment:
Pay in Full, with cash, by January 26th for an additional $200 Discount (making tuition $2350).
Discount #3 of $50 off when you attend one of our YTT Informational Sessions.
Split payment plan:
- Half of the balance ($1375, or $1225 if deposit paid separately) will be due by January 26th, four weeks prior to the start of the program.
- The remaining half ($1375, or $1225 if deposit paid separately) will be due on February 10th, two weeks prior to the start of the program.
- The only additional required expense is the cost for the texts for the program, about $100.
- You will receive complimentary and unlimited regular weekly classes at Yoga Pointe for the duration of the teacher training.
200 hour required texts -The costs are approximate and all books can be purchased on Amazon.com
1. The Path of the Yoga Sutras, by Nicolai Bachman, ISBN: 978-1-60407-429-1, $13
2. Yamas & Niyamas, by Deborah Adele, 2009, ISBN: 978-097447064-1, $11
3. The Yoga Teacher's Toolbox, by LaPage's, ISBN-13: 978-0974430331, (purchase from YP at start of YTT) $45
4. The Complete Yoga Tutor, by Mark Kan, 2018, ISBN: 9781856753791, $25
200 hour Program dates and scheduled hours, 2024 dates
Feb 23, 24, 25 (30 hour immersion)
March 8, 9, 10
March 22, 23, 24
April 12, 13, 14
April 26, 27, 28
May 10, 11, 12
May 31, June 1, 2 (Graduation, 30 hour immersion)
*Dates and Times subject to change with advanced notice.
30-hour Kick-off Immersion (Feb 23, 24, 25, 2024) and Graduation weekend (May 31, June 1,2, 2024)
Friday, 8:00am-5pm & 6:00pm-9:00pm
Middle Weekend hours (March, April, May 2024)
*There will be 20 additional contact hours that you will complete over the 3 months by attending
classes at Yoga Pointe at no additional cost.
200 hour application process
You are required to attend one of our Yoga Teacher Training Information Sessions so plese see our events page for dates.
Please download, complete and submit the application for consideration in Yoga Pointe’s 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program online or in-person at Yoga Pointe. Online application HERE.
Payments can be made online by clicking HERE (all 2oo HR YTT passes are shown at the bottom of the list).
300 hour Advanced Training Curriculum & Schedule
Enrolling in a 300 hour advanced teacher training program comes after successful completion of a 200 hour Yoga Alliance approved program. At the 300 hour level, the curriculum is focused on elevating and refining knowledge and skills of various yoga topic areas. Application of this knowledge is more comprehensive and in-depth. Each one of the topic areas below require dedication and discipline to gain proficiency and are carefully planned over the course of the 300 hour training schedule. The program is developmental, building on concepts, knowledge, and skills over time with final proficiency of a focused class series and workshop.
The program will focus on the following curriculum topics:
- Advanced asana analysis
- Advanced study of pranayama
- Application of yoga tools for medical ailments
- Assessment and intervention of individual yoga students
- Community service Yoga Project
- Comprehensive study of yoga sutras and philosophy
- Developing focused class series and workshops
- Functional anatomy
- Increasing community involvement and support through yoga
- In depth chakra analysis, assessment, and application
- Peer evaluation of teaching
- Refinement of verbal and hands on assists
300 hour requirements – Additional requirements of the 300 hour program are listed below.
- Completion of the full 270 contact hours and 30 non-contact hours = 300 hour requirements.
- Practice in group classes at Yoga Pointe a minimum of 2 times per week with related journaling.
- Development of a steady home practice with related journaling.
- Completion of 40 additional contact hours that you will complete over the 5 months by attending
- classes at Yoga Pointe at no additional cost.
- Completion of 10 hours of apprenticeship and class assists under the supervision of a 500 hour Yoga Pointe teacher.
300 hour required texts - This will be posted closer to the training start date.
300 hour program application process
- Completion of a Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour yoga teacher training program
- You will complete the application packet for consideration in Yoga Pointe’s 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program and submit it with your deposit, full or partial payment which will be available when the program is scheduled.
- Once your application is submitted and deposit paid, you will be contacted for a phone or in-person interview with the YTT Lead teachers.
Yoga Teacher Training Programs Policies
Cancellation Policy (200 & 300 hour programs)
Because of application process and preparation required for each student in teacher training programs, deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your deposit will be applied to your account for future use of classes and workshops. If you drop out of the program after the start date, there will be no refund of any tuition paid. You may, however, apply your tuition balance to a future program, workshops, or classes. Unused teacher training tuition is non-transferrable and expires at the conclusion of the teacher training program for which you were originally enrolled.
Attendance Policy (200 & 300 hour programs)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ATTENDANCE POLICY.
Full attendance in the program is required for Yoga Alliance certification. Missing any weekend will significantly impact the training and learning process. If an emergency occurs and there is missed time, hours can be made up, however a discounted private rate of $50 per hour will apply. You will be required to pay the private hourly rate to make up the content and contact hours. If you miss a weekend due to a non-emergency, we will encourage you to drop out of the program and re-enroll in another future program or you will graduate with a certificate reflecting the number of hours you completed. We cannot offer make up sessions for ‘non-emergency’ absences. Remember that Yoga Alliance will not certify you until you have completed the full requirements of each program.